May 18, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Perspective



On Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes. Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
Your words. This shared feast.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.

OK, are you ready?

Perspective…
GO!

I see my world a certain way.

I see the wind and the waves as fresh breath to my lungs.

I see the rain as a cleanse to the earth and my soul.

I see a dog as a friend, a companion, a cheerful reminder that we all need to be loved.

I see worlds and universes in the mere typeset of books on a shelf.

I see friends as family and family as my own flesh.

I see my gifts and talents as tools in my hand.

I sometimes see those tools wasted or hidden or under-used when I forget who I am.

I see faith as a lifestyle and God as a dear friend.

You may see the world around you differently.

I see through eyes of someone on the sidelines who longs to jump in only to find my own feet already in the game.

I see love and passion and creativity in butterfly wings, in the eyes of a mother or in the stars as they wink at me.

I see only as far as I open my eyes to see.

STOP!

2 comments:

Post a Comment