Things I like about Valentine's Day:
- Special chocolate and candies seems to be in bowls everywhere.
- Many people become a little more light-hearted and easy going leading up to the big day.
- There always seems to be some cute or romantic chick flicks at the theatres in hopes that date night will be her choice.
- It is a day to celebrate love and affection...something we technically should celebrate every day.
- Getting cute cards or childish cartoon valentines from one or two people who take the time to brighten my day.
Things I do not like about Valentine's Day:
- It seems to have become so very commercialized and boxed up into a special occasion that we are all 'supposed' to celebrate.
- How, as a single person, it is practically rubbed in my face that I am alone on the 'most romantic night of the year'.
- That I am sadly making cute and tasty cherry-chocolate-chip cupcakes for no other reason than because the calendar says I should at least be doing 'something' special today.
- That for the 30th Hallmark Valentine's Day in a row...I have no one special that I can pour my own sugary love onto, no one to give a romantic card to or no one to give any of those things to me.
- Lastly, I do not like that on Valentine's Day, I feel like even more of an outcast and weirdo than on every other regular day.
However, do not think I am in despair or wallowing...no!
I am enjoying a homemade yummy cherry-chocolate-chip cupcake or two, watching some of my favourite shows and curling up into bed with a good book.
You, see, with the exceptional bonus of the really tasty cupcakes, today is just like any other day for me. And I am okay with that.
So happy Saturday to you all.
I'll see you soon.