January 15, 2007

Home Sweet HOME!!!

First of all - isn't the snow lovely?? I Looove snow! Even though it is a bit maddening and sometimes hard to drive in and get around, I love the cold, brisk air and how bright the snow makes everything!
Now on to the big news...

Well thank you everyone who has been looking and praying and hoping for me to find a new place to live because it paid off!!! I found a new HOME!!! YAY!! A new home without rats!! Yay to no rats!!!
Anyway, after weeks of talking to everyone I knew, checking out a few suites, calling around and constantly searching online classifieds, I finally found the new home of my dreams!!
I went to check out this 1 bedroom, ground-level suite with my parents for support and their professional opinions, and even before we saw the house I knew I wanted to live in that particular neighborhood! It is ONE block from the ocean and a beach, a few blocks from shopping, a lovely residential neighbourhood full of wonderful heritage homes and beautifully gardened properties and yards!!
THEN we saw the suite.
It was so charming and cute! I'd have my own gate into the yard, lots of street parking (non-regulated) and a small but nice patio area.

The kitchen is yellow and white with excellent paint, tile and moldings, a good sized kitchen and a small, but cute and clean modern bathroom.
The living room has a working fireplace and i
s painted yellow with one wall a terracotta colour. It is a nice size and will fit my furniture (after selling a few pieces).
The bedroom is also a good size with two closets, though not too deep, they will be adequate for what I need to store. I even have my own washer and
dryer that look fairly new!!
The best part is the landlord doesn't mind me having my dog!! YAY for Sophie and her good behaviour when I brought her to meet them!!
I'll post some photos below, but keep in mind that is NOT my furniture....(lovely isn't it? eesh!)
As soon as I move in, I'll take some photos of me and Sophie in our new home.
If anyone has any spare boxes or packing paper, I would much appreciate as many as possible. I'm already packing up a storm with a little help from some wonderful friends!

Kitchen, there is room on the left for either a small table or maybe just some shelving since I don't really use my table and chairs very often. The bathroom is behind and to the right. Nice white and teal tiles and paint.

And through a glass French door is the living room. All carpeted and I can burn the presto logs until they put in a gas insert, which may be soon.





Another shot of the living room, lots of space and nice bright windows.








The bedroom is way bigger than this photos makes it look.






Oh and PS - I am doubly glad I have to move out of this house because guess what little critter I found scratching around in my BEDROOM!!!!???? ANOTHER RAT!!! Sophie and I chased it out and I hope we catching him so I don't have to feel all creep-ified every night when I turn out the lights. AND I had a mini flood in the basement a week ago when a drain clogged up and gave me an inch or two of water flowing through the downstairs. I saved most of my boxes and nothing was really damaged. My precious dad came over even though he had a rotten cold and helped me (well really, he did it) shop-vac up the water and mop up. (He also fixed my car - what a guy!!!)

3 comments:

Rachel H. said...

I'm glad you found a place! Tip re packing paper - I don't know if you knew this already but if you go to the main office for the NewsGroup newspapers (Saanich news etc.) on Friday mornings you can buy their roll-ends of newspaper (without the type!). They're $3 or $4 and you get tonnes in a roll. But you have to go early-ish (I went at 8:30am) or they're sold out. It's off of Glanford in that business 'circle', same side as Bird of Paradise Pub.

Kirsten B. said...

Thanks Rachel! Great tip! I'll have to go get some paper.

FooFooBerry said...

Kirsten,

This place is so cute and I can see why you fell in love with it. I've never seen a one bedroom with a fireplace in it either so that is a real bonus. Plus one block from the water, what more could you ask for. A big CONGRATULATIONS to you for getting such a great place and it sounds like the Lord found the perfect spot for you.

Foofooberry

Post a Comment