July 22, 2008

July Fun - Moss Street, Beacon Hill, Camp Friends

This past week has been a full one! 
I met my Mom and some friends at the Moss Street Market and Paint In on Saturday, then again in Sunday afternoon at Beacon Hill Park to watch and listen to some Hawaiian dancers and musicians (and to run around having fun with my dog, Sophie!), then Mom and I drove up to Nanoose Bay Teen Camp for Monday afternoon to visit friends and check out what was happening so far.





Jamie and Liam playing before heading to the Moss Street Market

Painting by donation to help...Africa something or other....







At the Moss Street Paint In... 
watching some artists demonstrate their talent.

The next few photos are of a few artists and their work that caught my eye.....

There were many young artists showing a more cartoon, or comic book style of art....I liked this one a lot!

This artist displayed some of his art in his fancy old Mercedes.





Everyone knows I like fish!

Awesome 3D wall art...neat houses, the artists was making one on the street.

This fellow hand-painted cards with scenes from around Oak Bay. Lovely!

A potter at work making small wavy bowls, you cans see some finished ones below.



Crazy characters!!

I am a sucker for the bright and interesting!


This guy cornered the market on 'guy art' - hockey stars, baseball players and all sorts of cool man-type art. Even his business cards were hockey cards...you can see them in the front right.




Then a lovely afternoon in Beacon Hill Park.

Jamie and Liam quickly found out Sophie likes to run...and that she's easy to run with!












I love this one..."Sit!"






After a beautiful drive upisland to Nanoose, we ran into some old friends...here is pretty little Ava.




Ethan... hungrily waiting for supper.

And Isaac, being silly and trying to make funny faces for the camera.

I'm sure I'll have more July photos to come as more friends come into town. Thanks for reading and browsing through my blog!! I always appreciate comments!



3 comments:

Margaret Cloud said...

Hi, just stopped by to say it looks like you had a nice vacation and I like your photos, great shots.

Sarah said...

Hey Kirsten... I haven't browsed here for awhile, and I am so happy I picked today! I love all your art show pics. I'm a sucker for the bright and interesting, too!!

And it was great to see the kid pics at the end of this post. Little Ava looks just like her mommy!

Margaret Cloud said...

I was stopping by to view you blog again and like the pictures, keep up the good work.

Post a Comment