February 10, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Trust


    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them. (YOU CAN DO THAT OVER AT the Gypsymama blog or at the Blessed Motherhood blog)
Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.
We write because we want to, not because we have to. We write for fun, for joy, for discovery.
On Fridays we just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. Won’t you join us? 
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:
::

Trust…



There are people in your life that you trust implicitly, a parent, a teacher, a pastor, a friend. These people are in your life to love, to protect, to keep you safe and happy. 

If, at some point in your life, one of these people that you trust so easily breaks that trust it can become so very hard to let them back in. If you ever do.

I have the privilege in my life to have had wonderful, trustworthy people to care for me and protect me. 

I have had a pretty tame life, no major incidents or accidents or rough patches.

However, I have had moments where I have had to guard myself after I have trusted someone a little too much and they have hurt my feeing a little too deeply to let me close again.

Trust is also very important in our relationship with God.

This is something I struggle with quite often.

I have once said that my life is like a stagecoach and instead of riding in the coach, in comfort and safety, trusting God to lead, and control the speed and direction of my journey, I often try to climb up to the driver's seat and grab at the reigns. I reach and pull and try to take over, all the while forgetting that 

I need to trust God with my life.

There are not many people I would trust with my life. 

People are not perfect, they are fallible, but God is wholly true and pure and amazing. He is the person we should put our trust. 

Give him the reigns, trust that He will lead you on the best journey you could ever experience. 

He may stop the ride at certain points and sometimes you may jump out and decide to walk but He will always be there, ready to pick you up and carry you onwards.

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment