February 14, 2012
It is an Ever-Fixed Mark...
I love many forms of poetry but at the heart I am a lover of Shakespeare and other cleverly crafted texts.
(And no, I do not mean 'texts' that come to you via some sort of small hand-held electronic devices.)
I mean 'texts' that have been handed down, translated, spoken, hand-scribed, illuminated, decorated, performed, typed, published and treasured throughout history.
Of course, what I love are...Books!
I love a variety of books. Books that contain stories or poems, short or long.
Today I turned to two of my favourite poems, sonnets by William Shakespeare.
The first, #18, talks of comparing a love and how there is no comparison as the love is unchanging and unfading and will live forever in the immortal lines of the poem itself.
The second, #116, speaks of a more mature love that is steady and is not affected by death or time but true love is an unshakeable beacon.
Do you like poetry?
Do you like Shakespeare?
(Shakespeare Online is a great site where you can get a paraphrase of each sonnet and learn the meaning behind the words.)
thoughts photos challenge 5MinFri Movies friends vacation God reviews love Christmas fun life travel trip walks KBintheUK adventure Sophie about me lists moving childhood video nature Scotland blogs memories pet scenery Dear Date Ireland Thanksgiving advice dating fasting food music road trip Puppy Victoria beach books camping film home snow twins update body image for the men prayer summer crafts fear holiday scenicsundays Westie West Coast Creations
I am a poetry girl. I love many forms of poetry but at the heart I am a lover of Shakespeare and other cleverly crafted texts. (And ...
As an exercise in positivity, I am making a list of the... 100 Things For Which I Am Thankful. Today here are the first 25. ...
- ► 2014 (37)
- Scenic Sundays: Local Favourites
- Five Minute Friday: Grit
- February 22-23 Photo-a-Day: Screens and Shoes
- February Photo-A-Day: Little Me!
- February Photo-a-Day: Pillows & a Pen
- Scenic Sundays - Tofino BC
- February Photo-a-Day Challenge: Drink
- Five Minute Friday: Delight
- Photo-A-Day Challenge! - Playing Catch Up
- It is an Ever-Fixed Mark...
- Five Minute Friday: Trust
- kirs10 black shared an Instagram photo with you
- Stress Relief - The Good, the Bad and the Scaley
- Photo-A-Day Challenge! - Feb 4 & 5
- Risk - Not Just a Board Game
- Photo-A-Day - February 1-3
- 5 Minute Friday - "Real"
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2009 (16)
- ► 2008 (26)
- ► 2007 (47)