Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and no, not "Canadian" Thanksgiving...just plain old Thanksgiving.
I live in Canada, it goes without saying.
I had a great weekend visiting with family, enjoying my Mom's homemade turkey dinner with all of the fixings, and especially her scrumptious pumpkin pie!
We talked a bit about being thankful, and I am, very thankful.
I've even made a huge list of things I am thankful for over the past few years.
(You can find the posts that cover that list here.)
Today I have a few more items to add to that list.
- I am thankful for a friend who went to the trouble of putting a card and gift on my door on a day when I really needed some encouragement.
- I am thankful for a doctor who actually listened and asked thoughtful questions to get to the bottom of some issues I've been having.
- I am thankful for parents who support me when I succeed but also when I'm feeling like I am stumbling along.
- I am thankful for co-workers and bosses at my new job who are super encouraging and even nominate me to be "Star of the Month!" I've only been there for four months and already I am feeling accepted and appreciated!
- I am thankful for the gifts and talents that have been given to me that I can use to make the world a better place, even on such a small scale as this blog. If I can turn around and encourage one person, it's worth it.
- I am also thankful for all those who have spoken into my life over the years and for those amazing people who I know have prayed for me. You know who you are. I am eternally grateful and thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- My last thanks goes out to anyone who is reading my blog posts. Welcome! Look around and comment to let me know if anything speaks to you.
For Thanksgiving I just want to say to all of you, "Thanks!"
This has been a writing prompt post from #Write31Days, join in the fun.
Catch up on all my 31Days + 5MinFriday posts by clicking here.