Like most people do one or twice in their life, or maybe every January, a few years ago I made a list of things I hadn't ever done or tried. It wasn't really a resolution list or even a challenge, just a light-hearted list to maybe revisit once in a while and see what has changed in the normal course of my life.
The original list was written in November of 2011... 21 Things I've Never Done. >>
Then in March of 2014 I updated that same list but called it "Things I Have(n't) Done", crossing off a few items and adding some of the amazing and interesting things I HAVE done throughout my life. Read that interesting list here. >>
|Costa Rica trip, January 2016|
Fast forward over 2 years later...
Here is my latest update where I've crossed out a few more items:
I am now 37 years, 10 months and 14 days old.
And I have never:
|Mexico, April 2016|Drank a cup of coffee- DONE! Read about it here >> Been outside North America- NEWLY DONE! UK, Costa Rica, Mexico - Read here >>
- Seen the Niagara Falls
Watched "The Notebook"- DONE. Waste of 2 hours.
- Hunted an animal
Pet a dolphin- NEWLY DONE! Swam with dolphins in April. Read here >>
- Gone on a cruise
- Driven a bus
- Run any kind of marathon
Knit anything- DONE! Need Practice at it >>
- Tried surfing
- Written a novel (Hmmm, STILL working on it...)
- Broken a bone
Help sail a boat- DONE. Sat on a Mexican beach- NEWLY DONE! Read here >> Sold anything over the Internet- DONE! via my side-business West Coast Creations
- Gotten a tattoo
- Bungee jumped
- Been to New York
- Been engaged (to be married)
Tasted a beer!- DONE. Not really a fan.
Here are some NEW items to add to my DONE list...
Interesting Things I HAVE done in the past 2 years: (hover for links)
|Bumper Soccer, 2016|
- Touched down on FOUR Continents in ONE day! (on the way home from Mexico)
- Grew my own tomatoes all this summer to keep my salads supplied.
- Shaved off all my hair.
- Played inflatable bumper soccer!
- Stood on the battlefield at Culloden.
- Met my distant relatives from Ashford, Kent, UK.
- Went on an international vacation with complete strangers!
- Drove an ATV/quad through the jungle.
- Stood 10 feet away from a wild sloth mother & baby.
- Managed and run seven stage screens at once...many times.
- Tasted raw coconut right from the tree.
- Watched baby birds grow up in my own flower basket.
- Gave away treats and Valentines to complete strangers.
- Eaten a (very tart) star fruit right off the tree.
- Swam in TWO freshwater caves called cenotes.
- Zip-lined through the Costa Rican jungle canopy.
- Snorkeled with wild sea turtles.
- Rode a double-decker bus and the Eye in London.
- Sold my West Coast Creations jewelry & gifts for THREE summers in a row!
- Walked among the ancient Mayan ruins of Tulum.
- Pet and fed a Highland cow in Scotland.
- Kissed our Costa Rican guide Josue on the cheek. :)
- Flew from Ireland to Scotland for $10.
- Changed jobs after almost 12 years!
- Stood atop the "Cliffs of Insanity", on the Giant's Causeway, rode the Hogwart's Express!
- Created a Facebook Page for this blog! Yay!
- Toured Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge...in one day! (still need to write about that!)
Phewph! That feels like a lot in the past 2 years!
I still have a few adventures to write about here (the end of my UK trip!) and a LOT more adventures to come.
|UK Adventure, June 2015 - Alnwick Castle (from Harry Potter & Downton Abbey)|